While working on a new project the Backup Operations Team reported that they were seeing Access Denied errors when trying to add Windows 2012 servers into Asigra, per the below:
The issue was caused by UAC remote restrictions which resulted in the Access Denied errors.
To fix the issue I created a LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy registry setting. Instructions are below:
1. Launch the Registry editor by running regedit.exe in CMD or the RUN box.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system.
3. Create a new entry by right-clicking system and then selecting DWORD (32-bit) Value.
4. Enter LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy as the name for the new entry.
5. Set the value of LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy to 1 by right-clicking the new entry, see below
6. Click OK to save the changes.
7. Now re-add the server(s) in Asigra and it should be successful.
Soon after making the registry change above on all affected servers they were added into Asigra successfully and initial backups were kicked off successfully:
The initial backup jobs completed successfully and we all lived to fight another day!